I have prepared and implemented strategies for numerous property development projects throughout New Zealand.
I have a thorough knowledge of how planning and consenting processes (the Resource Management Act) can best be used to achieve commercially sound and sustainable property development.
I am also experienced in establishing and working with teams to:
- determine potential yield,
- assess market demand; and
- negotiate private and public partnerships
I am generally briefed on large scale property development ventures, or developments that call for strategic or legal input (e.g. master-planned development or out of zone residential, commercial or industrial development).
I am happy to discuss with you whether your development project would benefit from my professional input.
Some of my recent work includes:
- Legal counsel for Adare Company Limited on the Peacocke Structure Plan which enables applications for staged master-planning consent for urban development in south Hamilton (up to 10,000 lots).
- Legal counsel for Maypole Environmental Limited on the master-planned Ngarara urban development (850 lots) in Waikanae. Click here to see Ngarara
- Obtaining approval for a private plan change on the Rangitahi Peninsula in Raglan to enable mixed residential and commercial development (500 lots) for Raglan Land Company. Click here to see Rangitahi
- Obtaining consent to develop 24 residential lots and a restaurant/café, and undertake dune restoration on the site of the Mokau campground for Mokau Sands Limited.
- Rezoning and consenting Rotokauri in north Hamilton as a mixed residential, commercial and industrial zone for Chalmers Properties Limited.
“Robert took a very large project with complex infrastructure issues and gave it huge traction within a very short space of time. He set the strategy, brought the team members together and connected us with partners who shared similar interests. He is a very solid strategic and commercial operator.”
Mark Peacocke, Managing Director, Adare Company Limited
“I was responsible for managing the Hamilton Joint Venture Project on behalf of a number of property development partners. Robert’s ability to work past potential areas of conflict with other parties and achieve commercially sound outcomes sets him apart from many other environmental lawyers. I would have no hesitation in recommending him for any type of development based Resource Management instruction.”
Andrew Duncan, former CEO of Chalmers Properties Limited
“Robert is cost-effective, his advice is always spot-on and he has a fantastic ability to get parties from all sides working towards common solutions. He is very effective at avoiding unnecessary and costly litigation, but achieves results when matters need to proceed to court.”
David Peacocke, Director of Raglan Land Company